IMPOWER is managed by a dedicated committee of community leaders and volunteers whose purpose is to get others involved in reinvesting for a better community. Primarily a woman-focused group, we are committed to hosting inspiring speakers from a variety of backgrounds to provide a diverse perspective on life, work, philanthropy and leadership.
IMPOWER- Inspire, Motivate, Prepare and Organize Women to Engage and Reinvest
Founded in 2008 by Margaret D'Arrigo and Cathy Schlumbrecht under the Salinas Valley Chamber Foundation. This program raises funds for local programs benefiting women and girls in Monterey County.
IMPOWER holds three luncheons each year to provide opportunities for networking, increase business connections, and become motivated by one of our fabulous speakers in the hopes more women (and men) get involved in the community. Each luncheon has a 'call to action' in support of the featured non-profit that also educates the group on their purpose and opportunities to get involved.
Generous sponsors are the key to our success and make it possible for IMPOWER to provide local individuals and families in need with assistance and critical services. We hope that we can count on your support to help us. To learn more, please join us on Facebook.
Luncheon on October 5, 2017
Topic: Don't Fear the Future ... The Next Generation is Killing It!
Corral De Tierra Country Club
11:00 am-1:30 pm
IMPOWER has a highly enthusiastic and dedicated committee:
* Cathy Schlumbrecht, Committee Founder and Co-Chair
* Margaret D'Arrigo-Martin, Committee Founder and Co-Chair, Taylor Farms of California
* Dana Arvig, Monterey Herald
* Valerie Camacho, Pinnacle Health Care
* Gail Delorey, Bianchi, Kasavan & Pope, LLP
* Tiffany M. DiTullio, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
* Sarah Frahm, Next Dentistry
* Karen Hagman, Edward Jones
* Felicia Perez Kausin
* Sue Marscellas, Grower-Shipper Foundation
* Sheryl Merrill
* Lynn Merrill-Paduck, Growers Ice Company
* Nicole Petitt, Property Restoration Services
* Claudia Pizarro-Villalobos, D'Arrigo Bros. Co, of California
* Meryl Rasmussen, Peninsula Business Interiors
* Andrea Scott, Boys & Girls Clubs of Monterey County
* Sue Storm, Pacific Valley Bank