IMPOWER is managed by a dedicated committee of community leaders and volunteers whose purpose is to get others involved, at any level, in reinvesting for a better community. Primarily a woman focused group, we are committed to hosting inspiring speakers from a variety of backgrounds to provide a diverse prospective on life, work, philanthropy and leadership.
IMPOWER- Inspire, Motivate, Prepare and Organize Women to Engage and Reinvest
Founded in 2008 by Margaret D'Arrigo and Cathy Schlumbrecht under the Salinas Valley Chamber Foundation. This program raises money to provide scholarships to women and girls in Monterey County and impact the community in other areas.
At each luncheon program, we feature a not-for-profit organization that receives the opportunity to educate the group on their purpose and inform on how to get involved. In addition, each program has a raffle where the funds raised are used to provide scholarships for leadership and educational programs in Monterey County. IMPOWER holds three luncheons and one mixer or gala each year to provide opportunities for networking, increase your business connections, and be motivated by one of our fabulous speakers in the hopes more women (and men) get involved in the community. Each luncheon has a "call to action" in support of the featured non-profits.
Generous sponsors are the key to our success and make it possible for IMPOWER to provide local individuals and families in need with assistance and critical services. We hope that we can count on your support to help us. To learn more, please join us on Facebook.
May 7, 2015 - Guest Speaker Karen Parkhill
Corral De Tierra Country Club
11:00 am-1:30 pm
Click the Register now button for tickets!
IMPOWER has a highly enthusiastic and dedicated committee:
* Cathy Schlumbrecht, Founder and Co-Chair, Comerica Bank
* Margaret D'Arrigo-Martin, Founder and Co-Chair, Taylor Farms
* Dana Arvig, Harvest Blade and Supply
* Claudia Pizarro-Villalobos, D'Arrigo Bros. Co., of California
* Felicia Perez Kausin
* Gail Delorey, Bianchi, Kasavan & Pope, LLP
* Sue Storm, Pacific Valley Bank
* Tiffany M. DiTullio, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
* Nicole Petitt, Property Restoration Services
* Sheryl Merrill
* Meryl Rasmussen, Peninsula Business Interiors
* Lynn Merrill-Paduck, Growers Ice Company
* Andrea Scott, Boys & Girls Clubs of Monterey County
* KimberlyThomas Shaw, Nova Management, Inc.
* Sara Frahm, Wynn Dental Care
Click the icon to learn more about IMPOWER!